Freelance Java Developer
UK based Java software developer available for contract and freelance work
- Extensive Java experience using frameworks such as Spring and JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with Docker
- Supporting Java technologies include XML, JSON, REST API with Swagger/OpenAPI
- Development on Windows/Linux/Mac using Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEs, Subversion and Git for source control, Jira for task management, Jenkins for CI
- 16 years of professional development across a wide range of projects but focused on web applications
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM environments
- Experimenting with microservice architecture using Spring Boot/Cloud with deployment via Kubernetes
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Ian worked for me on a very challenging large scale ETL project which needed flexible and pluggable methods to allow users to create batches of complex data cleansing activities configurable via a complex UI. The team comprised of 3 developers and a QA.
He was instrumental in helping set a clear technical direction within the application, providing guidance and an unswerving drive towards clean, well factored code, making future extensions for further content sets trivial.
Furthermore he’s happy to interface directly with both product owner and external teams as needed and always arrives at a well considered and balanced solution.
Always jovial and positive in his outlook he’s a true asset to any development team and I’m more than happy to recommend him.
Ian is one of the best developers I have met!! He is quiet but very dedicated and extremely knowledgeable particularly with the Java Spring frameworks. He is a good team player whom team leaders all want in their teams because of his ability, code quality and timely work. I'm very pleased to recommend Ian as a person and as a colleague.
Ian was a highly valued member of the RS Components development team. He had an exemplary work ethic - often going out of his way to ensure that the projects with which he was associated were delivered to high quality and on time. Ian's approachable (yet knowledgeable) manner meant that he was a frequent choice to assist / mentor junior developers. I have no hesitation in recommending Ian.